Fall begins in two days, which means it’s time for Virginia homeowners to take a look at their seasonal maintenance checklists. Easier said than done, right? Well, we’re here to make it a little easier for you when it comes to your HVAC! Take a look at our checklist to find out what you should do at home and what you should have a professional (Complete Heating & Cooling) do for you!
- As always, we recommend changing your air filters. This should be done every 90 days at a minimum, but it’s better if you do it once a month. Take a look around your house and locate all filters you have. After a quick trip to the hardware store, you can replace your filters for relatively cheap.
- Clear any debris or plants away from your outdoor unit. In order to keep the airflow at an adequate level, you should make sure there is nothing blocking or damaging the unit.
- Make sure all registers throughout the home are not blocked. To ensure your heating system isn’t overworking, you should remove any large furniture or items away from the registers.
- If your home has a humidifier, change the water panel to make sure that the humidifier works at its best.
- Check your carbon monoxide detector and change the batteries, if necessary.
Anything more than the above items should be handled by an HVAC professional. Complete Heating and Cooling can come to your home to inspect, clean and repair any part of your HVAC to make sure your home stays warm during the Fall and Winter months. If you live in the Fredericksburg area, give us a call today for an inspection, tune-up or repair.