We are about three weeks away from the official start of summer, and you want to be prepared for the summer heat. Although we’re already experiencing a good amount of warm weather in the Fredericksburg area, summer is going to be much hotter! And you don’t want to be caught off guard if your cooling system breaks. So how can you tell if your air conditioner is in need of AC repair?
5 Signs Your Air Conditioner Needs AC Repair
- Water/other is leaking: Leaking water can be a huge problem! Not only is your AC malfunctioning but the moisture can also cause damage to your home. Sometimes it could even be refrigerant leaking. If that’s the cause, you want to call us right away since refrigerant leaks can cause serious issues to your health.
- Lack of cool air: This is an easy giveaway that your system needs ac repair. You might have your AC turned all the way up, and there is simply no cool air coming out. Sometimes this is an easy repair, but other times like when the system’s Freon levels are low, you could be looking at replacing the whole unit.
- Weird sounds: Have you noticed noises like grating, squealing or hissing? Every noise might mean a different thing, so you want to contact us right away.
- Weird smells: Just like the sounds, the smells could mean a variety of things. But don’t ignore them! It could either be mold or burned out wire insulation.
- Bills are high: A significant hike in your electricity bill is cause for concern. Your AC might be working extra hard to keep your home cool, but it shouldn’t be. This would indicate your something in your system is not working right, before poking around just call us so we can figure it out.
If you notice any of these signs, give Complete Heating & Cooling a call at (540) 370-4178. We are the first choice for AC repair in the Fredericksburg area.
Do you want more HVAC Tips? Take a look at our latest blog posts:Energy Saving Tips for Spring and Summer, Is a Smart Thermostat a Good Idea? and 7 Tips to Transition from Heat to Air Conditioning.