The frigid temperatures in the Fredericksburg area have kept many people indoors the past few weeks. It is very painful to go out in this weather. And nothing feels better than being warm and comfortable at home. But if you spend a lot of time indoors, do not forego the importance of your indoor air quality.
Bad indoor air quality can cause both short-term and long-term effects on your health. Short-term effects include coughing, sneezing, headaches, dizziness, and more. Long-term effects can cause respiratory diseases, heart disease, and even cancer. That is why it is important to keep in mind the quality of your indoor air. So, what can you do to avoid these issues? Try the tips below!
- Keep Windows Closed: This is easier to do in the winter. When you open your windows, pollen, and moisture gets inside your home. A lot of moisture can develop into mold.
- Clean Window Screens and Frames: A little cleaning always helps. Allergens, dirt, and debris can get trapped inside the well around the window. Take out the screens and hose them down!
- Clean Your Sheets More Often: You carry allergens too! And every time you come into the house you bring them in, so if you don’t change your sheets often, think about doing it every week.
- Do Not Use Artificially Scented Products: Things like scented candles and air fresheners contain hazardous chemicals. Throw them out and research for products that do not contain chemicals.
- Vacuum and Dust: As you can tell, cleaning is a big help in improving indoor air quality. Use that extra time indoor to do deep vacuuming and dusting.
We offer a variety of indoor air quality products that will help in preventing mold and allergens from accumulating in your home. From air purifiers to dehumidifiers, we can offer you effective, whole-house indoor air quality solutions to help you improve your comfort and protect the health of your family. You can check out our lineup here: Indoor Air Quality.
If you are ready to improve your indoor air quality, give Complete Heating and Cooling a call today.
Don’t forget to check out our latest blog posts: Did Your Heating System Break Down? We Provide Heating Repair in Fredericksburg, Virginia, Choose Complete Heating and Cooling for your HVAC Needs in 2018, and 10 Questions To Ask Your HVAC Company.