As we know, Spring has arrived in the Fredericksburg area. The weather is noticeably nicer, and the flowers are blooming. And as a spring tradition, many homeowners usually use this season as a way to mark a new beginning: think about the annual “spring cleaning” that many homeowners do.
On your “spring cleaning” list, your HVAC should be one of your priorities! Your HVAC system makes up 60% of your home’s energy usage so performing a tune-up will increase the system’s capacity and decrease energy consumption.
Spring is the perfect time to “tune-up” your system because you want your HVAC system in tip-top shape come summer. So, what does a tune-up usually include? Keep reading to find out!
- In a tune-up, we make sure that your thermostat settings are working properly so that you are comfortable when summer arrives.
- We make sure that the voltage and the current are where they are supposed to be. If your electrical connections fail, it could reduce the life of your system.
- We lubricate all the moving parts to reduce friction. Less friction = less amount of energy used.
- We inspect the condensate drain in your AC, furnace and/or heat pump. We want to make sure everything is clean and that there is not a plugged drain which can cause water damage.
- We also make sure that your system’s starting cycle is working properly by shutting it off, turning it on and let it run.
- We clean the evaporator and condenser air conditioning coils: we also adjust them!
- To reduce the risk of a fire, we check all gas/oil connections, the gas pressure, the heat exchanger and the burner combustion.
We want our customers to be satisfied with our tune-ups, that is why if you don’t save money on your energy bills equal or greater than the amount you paid for the tune-up we’ll refund your money! In addition, when our technicians perform a factory specified tune-up on your system, and it breaks down during that season, we’ll repair it at no additional cost.
Remember, this is the perfect time for a tune-up! Do it before summer arrives, and you are stuck with high energy bills. Give Complete Heating & Cooling a call!