Summertime brings on the sun and fun. However, it also brings the heat. That is why many homeowners turn on the A/C to keep their homes cooled down. That way, after a day in the sun, everyone can come inside to cool down and relax. Until the A/C stops working. Someone forgot to have the A/C checked and maintained last spring.
That’s when they call on the experts in AC repair Fredericksburg homeowners rely on.
Think about how hard your A/C works in the summer. It’s working around the clock to keep your family comfortable. This continuous use will cause things to wear. This can cause the system to work harder than it needs to and it will eventually fail.
Performing regular AC maintenance will greatly lessen the chance you will need to call for the air conditioning repair Fredericksburg residents often need.
What Can Happen If You Don’t Get Regular Maintenance for Your Cooling System?
Your A/C is a mechanical system, much like your car is. You know you need to have the oil changed and the brakes checked regularly. You need to rotate the tires and make sure they have enough air pressure. All of these regular maintenance activities ensure that your car will keep running for many more miles.
But, what happens if you fail to do this routine maintenance? Your engine will seize up. Your brakes will fail. Your tires will go flat. You can’t drive your car anymore.
The same thing applies to your air conditioning unit. If you don’t do those regular maintenance items, it will stop working. That is when you will need to call the experts in AC repair Fredericksburg homeowners trust.
Here is a short list of what can happen:
- The A/C will not be able to keep up with your home’s cooling needs. You will be sweating while it is working overtime.
- Because the A/C is working overtime, your energy bills are going to start climbing quickly.
- With the A/C working overtime, the working parts of the system are going to start wearing out faster, increasing the chances of a major breakdown. That means calling in the experts in AC repair Stafford residents know.
- An A/C unit in disrepair can cause a fire hazard in your home. Then it’s too late for the AC repair Fredericksburg trust.
All of these are reasons you may need to call for the AC repair Spotsylvania locals believe in.
What Is Involved with Regular Maintenance?
There are two types of maintenance that needs to be performed on your air conditioning system to avoid calling in the experts in AC repair Fredericksburg citizens know they can trust.
The first type is routine maintenance that you as the homeowner can do without the experts in air conditioning repair Fredericksburg citizens depend on.
- First, check and change the air filters to your A/C unit at least once a month.
- Second, if you have an outside A/C unit, make sure to keep it clear of grass, weeds, shrubs, or debris.
The second type of maintenance is the preventative type. This is best left to the professionals in AC repair Fredericksburg locals love. This type of maintenance includes:
- Lubricating the moving parts of the entire system
- Tightening electrical connections
- Checking the systems settings to make sure they are within specs
- Checking coolant levels to make sure there are no leaks
- Cleaning debris and dust from inside units
- Inspect for and clear any obstructions in the drain pan
- Inspect the entire system for damage
- Inspect ductwork for leaks or built-up dust
Now, in the course of doing the preventative maintenance, the technician may find a problem that needs to be fixed. That is why it is so important to call in the pros at AC repair Fredericksburg homeowners trust. The technician will make appropriate recommendations and perform the repair right away.
What Are the Benefits of Doing Routine Maintenance on Your Cooling System?
The biggest benefit of routine maintenance is that you are less likely to need to call for the experts in AC repair Fredericksburg residents trust. That means less money out of pocket for emergency repairs. It also means your entire system will last longer.
Other benefits include:
- Having a more comfortable home because the system is able to keep up with peak cooling demands.
- Having lower energy bills because the system is not working overtime just to keep the house semi-cool.
- Having improved air quality because fresh filters are better able to collect pollutants.
- Having more peace of mind knowing the chances of a breakdown are lower.
To avoid calling for AC repair Fredericksburg homeowners know they need to have their system inspected and maintained at least once a year. The prime time for preventative maintenance is spring before the hot weather arrives. However, if you haven’t had this work done yet, now is the time. That way, you know your home will remain comfortable this summer without calling in the experts in AC repair Stafford locals know.
If you need routine maintenance performed or find yourself in need of air conditioning repair Fredericksburg residents can rely on the experts here at Complete Heating & Cooling. We are also proud to be the professionals in AC repairs Spotsylvania and Stafford residents count on.