Springtime has arrived in Fredericksburg, Virginia, which means that you will be switching from heat to air conditioning. While you won’t need to blast your air conditioner just yet, you should start transitioning from heat to cold. Here is a list of tips that will make your transition easy.
- Open the windows: You don’t need to turn on your air conditioner just yet. It is still cool enough to open the windows and let some breeze in.
- Cover the windows: Now that there will be much more sunnier and warmer days, you need to make sure that your windows have drapes or blinds. Once there is less breeze and more heat, you will need to cover your windows, so the sun doesn’t heat up your home as much.
- Change your air filter: Just like we mentioned in our Begin Your Spring Cleaning with HVAC Maintenance changing your air filter should be part of your spring cleaning list. A new air filter will ensure that your air conditioner runs efficiently once you turn it on.
- Check the insulation: Make sure that air is not escaping your home through windows, doors, electrical outlets, etc.
- Reverse your fan’s direction: If you haven’t yet, rotate the direction of your fans to a counter clockwise direction to blow the air down.
- Install a smart thermostat: To establish the perfect comfort in your home, nothing is better than a smart thermostat. You can program it, so it’s always the right temperature before you wake up or before you come back to work.
- Schedule a Tune-Up: If you want to make sure that your air conditioner is ready for the hot days, a tune-up is the perfect way to check.
We hope these tips help you transition from winter to spring. The weather is still a bit moody so you should probably keep your windows open for a couple of more weeks until the heat settles.
If you are in need of a tune-up or air condition repair, you can give Complete Heating & Cooling a call at (540) 370-4178.